http://ortanic.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/Why-You-Should-Be-Dry-Brushing-Ortanic-Chicago.jpg 395 1140 Ortanic http://ortanic.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/Ortanic-Chicago-Spray-Tan.png Ortanic2017-10-20 09:03:202018-02-26 12:37:21Why You Should Be Dry Brushing Daily
We’ll admit there are some daily rituals and spa services that seem quite indulgent, eccentric and over-the-top, if not completely unnecessary. Dry brushing is NOT one of those!
Dry brushing is an ancient practice in cultures on at least four continents, who have been employing it with slight variations for centuries. Nowadays, it’s all the rage among popular celebrities and athletes. Never heard of it? Don’t worry, here’s the quick scoop on why now is as good of a time as any to start:
- It helps detoxify the body. The skin is the largest organ in the body. When you exfoliate it properly through dry brushing you allow the open the pores to allow waste to be released.
- It smooths the appearance of cellulite. The dry brushing improves blood circulation everywhere, but most noticeably in areas where fat is commonly deposited (hips, legs, tummy, etc) and tones the skin and superficial muscle.
- It helps boosts your immunity. By increasing the flow of lymph and stimulating your lymphatic system, you are likely to reap the reward which comes along; improved immunity. It won’t rid you of a cold, but it will probably help you to fight one off.
- It exfoliates your skin. Particularly in harsher weather months (ahem, winter!), dry brushing accomplishes exfoliating unwanted dead, dry skin cells from every part of your body that you brush! (Plus, it makes your Ortanic tan apply more evenly and last longer!)
The technique is simple.
- Purchase a new, clean brush and replace it every 30 days to maximize benefits. Brushes with a handle will help keep the technique quick and from you dropping the brush, plus gives you a way to hang it afterward.
- Brush just before you shower. Because you’re already in the buff so why not?
- Brush firmly, but don’t hurt yourself. It shouldn’t tickle, it should feel stimulating, but not painful.
- Brush toward the heart for maximum effectiveness. Don’t forget to do your tummy (go easy on sensitive skin), and your lymph areas: hips, pits, neck and décolleté, and inner thighs)
- Do it daily. ‘Nuf said.
- Follow up after your shower only with organic body oils or creams with few ingredients so as to allow the skin to absorb all the goodness!